BEST OF THE WEST
CORAL BAY – Amazing Beaches, Wildlife and Snorkeling
Coral Bay is a marine paradise and one of Western Australia’s premier family holiday destinations. Named Coral Bay due to the beautiful coral gardens which lie just metres from the pristine white sandy beach, this tiny, laidback seaside location is a must-visit destination for nature lovers.
Coral Bay is about water. Whether you’re
- swimming with the local Manta Rays, Whale Sharks, Turtles or Humpback Whales
- quad bike trekking to secret beaches for drift snorkelling
- overnight-cruising on the bay looking for wildlife
- chartering a fishing boat for bottom-fishing or deep-sea fishing
- learning to dive the pristine Ningaloo Marine Park
- flying high over the Reef on a scenic flight
- enjoy a meal and beer at Bill’s alfresco bar
- seeing the coral gardens without getting wet, onboard a glass bottom boat
Dampier Archipelago – 42 islands, Wildlife & Snorkeling
The Dampier Archipelago in the Pilbara region of Western Australia is a coastal wonderland comprising 42 islands and islets off the coast of Dampier and Port Sampson. These islands offer excellent opportunities for boating, fishing, snorkelling, camping or family recreation.
The Jaburara Aboriginal language group are the original inhabitants of WA’s Burrup Peninsula and Dampier Archipelago, and it wasn’t until 1699 that William Dampier became the first recorded Englishman to visit the area.
The Dampier Ardchipelago offers visitors unsurpassed opportunities for water recreation at its finest.
Everything from pristine white beaches, fringing coral reefs, spectacular fishing, world-class snorkeling and diving, all lie within a 45 kilometre radius of Dampier Western Australia. For details on charter boat operators and access to the islands, please contact: Karratha Visitor Centre Roebourne Visitor Centre
Let us help you plan your trip for you at no extra charge!
We know the best places to visit and the best routes to make the most of your time here in WA.